By Edited by Michael W. Howard Edited by Karl Widerquist
Contributors speak about the Alaska everlasting Fund (APF) and everlasting Fund Dividend (PFD) as a version either for source coverage and for social coverage. This booklet explores no matter if different states, international locations, or areas would get advantages from an Alaskan-style dividend. The booklet additionally seems at attainable ways in which the version can be altered and improved.
Read Online or Download Alaska’s Permanent Fund Dividend: Examining Its Suitability as a Model PDF
Best nonfiction_14 books
This booklet explores the generative strength of vulnerabilities dealing with people who inhabit academic areas. We argue that vulnerability may be an asset in constructing understandings of others, and in interrogating the self. Explorations of vulnerability provide a route to development empathy and growing engaged generosity inside a neighborhood of dissensus.
During this compact quantity readers simply starting Proust's grasp paintings and people who are already enriched by way of it's going to discover a importance now not unkown yet merely forgotten"—the uncomplicated constitution of Proust's huge, immense novel. the final which means of Proust's booklet lies in his 3 ways of taking a look at the world—cinematographic, montage, and stereoscopic—and their various results at the feelings and the mind.
This quantity examines the affects of expertise and overseas exchange rules at the bothered U. S. metal undefined. Does management in know-how warrantly aggressive virtue in commercial markets? Or do the prices of creation and the inability of funding capital offset technological profits for the household metal undefined?
Mirabai, a sixteenth-century Indian princess, wrote passionate love songs to Lord Krishna. Hadewijch, a thirteenth-century ecu Beguine, wrote of her craving to turn into Love itself, to be "God with God. " every one girl practiced a full-bodied, sensuously-imaged eager for love; whilst, every one additionally practiced definite ascetic disciplines.
- Carbohydrate Chemistry, Volume 42
- Charge-Trapping Non-Volatile Memories: Volume 2--Emerging Materials and Structures
- Conducting Polymer Hybrids
- The CANTERBURY TALES and the Good Society
Extra info for Alaska’s Permanent Fund Dividend: Examining Its Suitability as a Model
Legislative Council of the State of Alaska in association with the Brookings Institution 1970, “Statement of Alpha Group,” 3, and “Policy Statements of Gamma,” 2. K. Miller 1970, 3. A key advisor to Gov. Miller regarding this proposal for a permanent fund was Roger Cremo, an Anchorage attorney who later became a prominent advocate of increasing the size of the Permanent Fund and having the budget endowed by the Permanent Fund’s earnings. org. Although described as “permanent,” the fund proposed by Gov.
70. Hammond 1972, 1. 71. Hammond 1972, 1. 36 CLIFF GROH AND GREGG ERICKSON 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. Hammond 1996, 153. Hammond 1996, 152–53. Hammond 1996, 153; and Alaska Supreme Court 1978. Hammond 1996, 152. Hammond 1972, 3. Alaska Constitution, Article VIII, Section 2. Hammond 1996, 247–50. Hammond 1996, 254–55. Some supporters of direct distribution also mentioned how the dividend would serve as a safety net for low-income Alaskans. White 1982; and Groh 1982b, 73–75.
19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. Erickson and Tussing 1984, 7–10. J. Miller 2010, 36–37. Yergin 1993, 571. The North Slope has accounted for 92 percent of all Alaska petroleum liquids produced since statehood. McMains 2011. The story of how the State of Alaska got ownership of Prudhoe Bay and the lands over other North Slope oilfields is well told in Roderick 1997. Kasson 1997, 13. Calculated by author (Erickson) using the Anchorage consumer price index and 1969 US Census population estimates.
Alaska’s Permanent Fund Dividend: Examining Its Suitability as a Model by Edited by Michael W. Howard Edited by Karl Widerquist